Monday, June 20, 2011

Time, it's a difficult thing...

Time, it's a very difficult thing here in Haiti. It takes several hours to get where you're going, it takes another couple of hours to accomplish what you've set out to do and another couple of hours to get back home, even then sometimes what you've set out to do doesn't get accomplished and nothing goes as planned. Nothing here happens quickly or happens with any sense of urgency.

Case in point, it's been 3 weeks and I'm just getting a chance to sit down and write my first blog since I've been here. Just not enough free time to have the luxury of sitting down and having some alone time. With teams coming and going and the house full of staff, I'm not sure alone time exists.

It's crazy that I've been here for 3 weeks when it feels like at times I've only been here for a week and other times it feels like I've been here for several months. It's been a challenging couple of weeks with a lot of emotional highs and lows. I think Haiti and I have a really good love hate relationship going on. Some days I just shake my head and ask myself "Am I ever going to get this?" "Am I able to do this?" "Why me?" "What kind of impact can I make while I'm here?" While other times it seems like a year here is not enough time.

I’m encouraged though, when I look out my bedroom window and see the beautiful views of the mountains and see the people going about their daily business. This is definitely God’s country. The flowers, the mountain views, the people.  I’m humbled that He chose me to be a part of it. A part of His great plan that my mind could never comprehend and fully understand but I trust Him. I trust that He’s called me here and I trust that He 's using me in ways that I've never imagined possible. 
Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouragement!
Putting faith in action,
::Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment