Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A CALL TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE

I never knew the freedom that comes with stepping out of your comfort zone. How many times have we gone through our day making sure we were operating in our safety bubble? How many times have you wanted to do something for someone but didn't because it would require you to do something you've never done before and it would require you to have a faith and fully trust Him?

Luke 9:23-24 He says: "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me". For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it". I'm no exception. I'm guilty. We're all guilty to some degree.

Does the life as a follower of Christ truly line up with the life I am currently leading...My, "all about me", "I got this, I don't need You" mentality that I so comfortably and recklessly live out. Or am I choosing to remain where it feels safe while He calls me to something different....to something far greater?

There's safety and freedom out of our comfort zone. You may ask how? When we fully trust Him, have faith in Him and decide to stop being selfish and take up our cross because He calls us to, there's power and freedom in that. There's so much more to learn and gain as we trust Him and step out of our comfort zones. It allows us to grow, to mature and to reach people. What if we ALL operated in our comfort zones? Who would go? Who would tell the neighbor down the street about Him? Who would share with the random stranger in line at Wal.Mart or the homeless man on the corner?

I think it's time for us to stop being comfortable in our little bubbles. It's time for us to turn from our selfish ways, take up our cross and follow Him. He calls us to be uncomfortable. And it's time.

FAITH IN ACTION
::Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited, Jessica! I think I will start calling you "Yessica." Do you know the adrenalin rush that comes from riding a roller coaster? Sometimes you are really, really afraid...but it is all part of the ride. You can do this!

    Can I have the honor of being your first prayer supporter? Can I have your first missionary postcard? "Pray for Jessica. She is serving Jesus outside of her comfort zone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Yessica! And let me say "THANKS" Your my 1st person to leave a comment!! I feel like I should give you a prize!

    You mean the adrenalin rush that makes you want to throw up everytime you think about it?! Yep, I get that feeling everytime!

    I appreciate all the prayer! It's comforting to know that someone is already praying for me as I continue to trust Him and patiently wait. And you will definitly be the first person who gets my missionary postcard!

    ReplyDelete